Click on the video above to hear Stephanie's thoughts on yoga teacher training.
This comprehensive training includes daily practice and meditation, practical anatomy, philosophy, strategic sequencing, finding your voice, practice teaching, inter-personal work, and technical alignment principles. You will receive the personal instruction necessary to super charge your own practice and spiritual development while also gaining the confidence and knowledge needed to intelligently guide others. Training will be taught by Stephanie Snyder and Love Story Yoga faculty. The Winter training is held over the course of 2 separate 10-day modules to help accommodate those traveling to San Francisco for the training and the Fall sessions are held over 5 extended weekends for those who cannot take long periods away from work/family.
Some of the topics covered in the 200-hr Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training are:
1. physical and energetic alignment
2. verbal and physical assists
3. dynamic, efficient and intelligent sequencing
4. Sanskrit names and meaning
1. How to teach basic pranayama to your students
2. Develop your own home pranayama practice
3. Understand when and why you would teach different pranayama techniques
Listening in stillness. Learn the how and why of meditation practice. Develop a daily practice that will stay with you for a lifetime.
Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Bhagavad Gita
1. Teach what you've learned in your own authentic voice
2. The seat of the teacher: how to hold the seat with integrity, honesty, and grace
3. Teaching to all levels: learn modifications (beginner) and variations (advanced) of the asana
4. Learn how to weave accessible philosophical teaching into your class
Anatomy of the Chakras, Nadis, Koshas, and Vayus
Chanting alone and with a group. Learn the sacred mantras, what they mean and how to use them.
We will meet most days from 8am-5pm. All modules are required for certification. Training takes place at Love Story Yoga in San Francisco, CA.
200 HR Training Winter 2019 (2 ten day sessions)
All session take place in San Francisco CA at the beautiful Love Story Yoga.
Registration details here: Love Story Yoga